Note: If you haven't visited this site before, do so during
the daytime, not only to enjoy the wonderful scenery, but to make
sure you don't get lost!!
1. Head southwest (toward Springfield) on I-55 from Bloomington/Normal.
2. Take Exit 154 at Shirley which is located about 4 miles from
the outskirts of Bloomington.
3. Turn right at the end of the off-ramp and continue west about
1/10 mile to the T intersection.
4. Turn left (heading southwest) at the T intersection (old Route
5. Proceed 4 miles along old Route 66 (paralleling I-55) until you
reach Funk's Grove.
6.Turn right (west) onto Funk's Grove Road and cross over the railroad
7. Take the first left at Funk's Grove, following the signs to the
paint ball area and church.
8. Continue 1.8 miles along this road (550N) until you come to an
9. Pass straight through the intersection going south on the "dead-end"
10. Sugar Grove Nature Center appears as an old farmstead near the
end of the road.