About the Twin City Amateur Astronomers.
Located in the twin cities of Bloomington and Normal, Illinois, the TCAA was formed in 1960 to share our love of astronomy.
We are a 501c(3) non-profit organization. All contributions are tax deductable.
From our bylaws:
The purposes for which the TCAA is formed are: to promote in every way among its members and the general public an
interest in, and knowledge of, astronomy and its allied sciences; to advance amateur astronomy and observational
techniques; to render assistance to other individuals or organizations working in the same or related fields; and to do
everything necessary and proper to further such on a formal or informal basis.
Things We Do
In addition to our stellar meetings (described below), TCAA members participate in a myriad of thrilling activities, including:
- Star parties locally & at dark sky sites
- Exhibits and displays
- Adult-ed programs
- Talks to schools and scouts
If you would like to arrange a special event for your group, please contact us.
When Stars Collide: TCAA Meetings
We have informal gatherings each month at the Sugar Grove Observatory and elsewhere.
Even if you are not a member, you are welcome to participate. Our varied agenda includes:
- Thrilling talks!
- Panoramic sky tours!
- Fascinating observing programs!
TCAA Membership Has Its Privileges
- On-site use of our telescopes.
- Use of our private observatory
- Star parties at dark-sky sites, field trips, pizza parties, you name it!
- Access to our extensive library
- Our multi-page monthly newsletter, The Observer
- Subscription to The Reflector, the Astronomical League's quarterly newsletter
- A discount on astronomy books through the Astronomical League
The Legal Nicities
We are a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization, and are governed by a set of bylaws.